Monday, May 19, 2008

Good Deed from NY! (Mmmm, Donuts ...)

My name is Susan and I stumbled across your blog a long time ago through Nancy Q's blog (I think). My son has Williams syndrome so I read Nancy's as well as some others' blogs. I had not read your blog in a long time and then one day I decided to check in and see what was going on and was very saddened to see that LW's scan had come back as abnormal. I've been checking daily since and praying for you all as well. I've done a good deed in LW's name and here it is:

I know a family (we see them socially but are not close friends) whose 6 year old daughter, the eldest of four, was diagnosed with leukemia last July. She went through chemo and radiation and had a bone marrow transplant in November. Last update I heard is that she is doing well and as of Feb was out of home isolation. I have sent them a Dunkin Donuts gift card to treat the kids to donuts. I included a note telling them about LW and about her book of good deeds. I know the kids will love the donuts!

No comments: